National Captain's Institute
National Captain's Institute has been serving the boating community since 1980. It is a not-for-profit educational institute offering study guides to help you pass the Coast Guard exam to become a licensed captain of a vessel for up to six passengers, also known as a "six pack license." The guides come in print, CD and DVD format in courses such as Captain's License Prep Guide, Navigation Rules and Charting. Visit the website for more information.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level.
- Founding Date: 1980
- Number of students: 1000
- Male-to-female ratio: 34 to 1
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 90
- Accreditation/licenses: State and local
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1000
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 1
- How engaged is the school with the community?: It's a boating community.
- What makes this community special?: The Gulf of Mexico
- Payments accepted: American Express, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa