Invite a friend
Seven-Day “Xtreme Science of Fishing” Camp with Two Overnights
The Pier Aquarium presents this “the mother of all fishing camps” for children ages 10 and older. It includes two nights aboard the Friendly Fisherman boat and a 1am wake-up call.
- Day 1: Campers learn the "do's and don'ts" of fishing safety, along with the differences between in-shore and offshore fishing and the varieties of tackle. Lunch provided, followed by a half-day fishing trip that ends at 6pm. Campers learn how to clean and fillet their catch to take it home.
- Day 2: Begins at 6am with an orientation about deep-sea fishing tackle and an all-day deep-sea fishing trip; breakfast, lunch and a snack will be provided. Campers will fillet and clean the bounty, and all fish will be prepared for a fish-fry banquet with awards aboard the Friendly Fisherman boat. Parents are invited to attend.
- Day 3: Starts at 8am with instruction on beach, jetty and bridge fishing, plus familiarization with tackle. Campers will fish from the beach, a jetty and a bridge. Then it's time for a fish-filleting lesson and barbecue at Beach Park.
- Day 4: Another all-day, deep-sea fishing trip starting at 6am. An awards banquet aboard the Friendly Fisherman follows; parents invited.
- Day 5: Arrive at 8am for check-in, tackle familiarization, offshore fishing instruction, and lessons on catching bait in-shore and keeping it alive. Campers will board the overnight boat at 2pm for dinner and bedtime at sea.
- Day 6: Campers will wake at 1am to fish throughout the day until sunset.
- Day 7: The boat docks at 6am. Campers learn how to clean their catch, keep it fresh, and how to freeze what they won’t eat right away. Parents should bring a cooler for the catch when they pick up their campers at 9am.
|Where||12901 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708 (Hubbard’s Marina at John’s Pass Village)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Kids, Teens, Families|
|Phone||(727) 895-7437, ext. 215|
|Price||$419 and up, depending on tackle package and Pier Aquarium membership|