What's Open, Closed for Martin Luther King Jr Day on the Beaches
Find out what's open on the beaches on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Many offices in Pinellas County are closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day.
The following offices, buildings and parks are OPEN:
- Fort Desoto and Sand Key Parks are open.
- The Pinellas County scalehouse/landfill will be open regular hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following offices, buildings and parks are CLOSED:
- All government offices are closed
- Pinellas County Schools are closed.
- Pinellas County Animal Services adoption center and offices are closed.
- All Pinellas County government offices are closed.
- Pinellas County beach and boat ramp passes are not available for purchase.
- Courts of the Sixth Judicial Circuit is closed, except for first-appearance hearings and emergency situations.
- Solid Waste Administration Building and the HEC3 facility are closed.
- Administrative offices for County Parks and Conservation Resources are closed.
- The Environmental Education Center at Brooker Creek Preserve is closed.
- The Cultural and Natural History Center at Weedon Island Preserve is closed.
- Heritage Village is closed.
All offices, buildings and parks will return to regular hours on Tuesday, Jan. 22.