Beach Spice Lab Raided, Dentist Arrested and Medical Marijuana
Find out what you may have missed on Patch this week.
- Show some support for our local paddleboarders that headed to Hawaii for the world championships. Patrick Klemawesch and Christian Cook are area residents and will be checking in with Patch when they return from the race!
- Earlier this week, an Indian Shores woman was arrested for using fraud to acquire narcotics. Nadia O’Neal is a dentist in Seminole and was arrested after officials received a complaint from an employee in her office, Nu Smile Dental.
- A raid was conducted in the Tampa Bay area on Wednesday and a home on Redington Shores was one of the suspected locations. The private residence was raided under suspicion of K2 production.
- One of our sister sites in Stow, OH. wrote about the tell tale signs of pot-growing. She shares ten hints that may mean your neighbor is housing a marijuana source. You'll never guess what the biggest hint is, according to a police detective.
- Pro skim-boarder, Austin Piazza, is a St. Pete Beach native and recently shared his story with us. Piazza is only 23 years old, but has an unmatched drive for success. Aside from skim-boarding, Piazza is a DJ, a student at USFSP and an intern at a local radio powerhouse.
- Opinion writer, David Jay Brown, explores the possibility that cannabis may have cancer-healing properties. Brown's extensive research proves some myths to be false, such as smoking marijuana causing lung cancer.
Share your opinions with us, below in the comments.