Spice Lab Raided on Redington Beach
A private home was raided in a region-wide drug bust that targeted makers of synthetic marijuana.
Federal agents executed a search warrant at a home on Gulf Boulevard Wednesday in a region-wide synthetic marijuana raid that targeted operations where the illegal drug allegedly was being made.
The private Redington Beach residence on the 15000 block of Gulf Boulevard was one of a half-dozen places busted by federal agents, with assistance from the Hillsbourgh County Sheriff's Office.
Seized were tens of thousands of bags of Spice or K2, retail-ready synthetic marijuana products, as well as the materials used to make them. Newly enacted Florida laws make it illegal to produce, possess or sell synthetic marijuana.
Authorities told WTSP that the street value of the drugs seized is in the millions of dollars. Similar sweeps were conducted this week by federal agents across the country.
Search warrants were served at the following locations:
- Private Residence-15708 Gulf Blvd, Redington Beach FL
- Wild Incense Distribution Warehouse-4401 E 10th Ave,Tampa
- Wild Incense Maufacturing Facility-4101 E. 12th Ave, Tampa
- Stop Smoke Shop (Retail Distributor)-10821 N.56th Street, Tampa
- Jonny Clearwater Manufacturing-10134 Fisher Ave, Suite A-2 Brandon FL
- Warehouse-6308 Benjamin Road Suite #710, Tampa
There were no arrests at this time as the nationwide investigation continues.