Seven Ways to Save and Use School Supplies
Looking for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle school supplies?
Here are some ways to save and use school supplies:
1. Sort through last year's school supplies. Reuse durable items such as scissors, staplers, pencil sharpeners and rulers.
2. Make items such as backpacks or lunch boxes "new" with fabric paint, patches, ribbons or other decorations.
4. Cover and protect your school books with brown grocery store bags. Get creative with markers or colored pencils to create special designs.
5. Buy reusable school supplies like refillable mechanical pencils or rechargeable batteries.
6. Save wrappers, egg crates, aluminum foil and other recyclable products to make creative crafts.
Thanks to these resources for back to school tips: