1) Friday night's Dive-In Movies showing starts at 8pm with a $4 admission fee. The movie of choice is Madagascar. Snacks, drinks and glow jewelry are available for purchase at the event.
2) The End of Summer skim-boarding competition starts bright and early on Saturday morning. Check in begins at 7:30am and the contest starts promptly at 8:30am. Spectators can come enjoy the sights at no cost. The event will be held directly across from John's Pass on Madeira Beach.
3) Landshark Lager has joined forces with the Keep Pinellas Beautiful organization to host a beach cleanup on Saturday. Post-cleanup activities include a paddle-boarding demonstration and live music from De Lei’ed Parrots. The event starts at 9:30am on Treasure Island (10400 Gulf Blvd). Sign up online at fintasticvoyage.com.
4) Hands Across the Sand, a peaceful anti-offshore drilling event, will begin at noon on Saturday. Registration starts at 11am. A shield made of humans, holding hands will form on the following beaches: Indian Rocks, St. Pete Beach and Pass-A-Grille. Visit the official event website for more information on the Hands Across the Sand locations.
5) Grab your weekly produce stash from Merry Pier on Saturday morning. The weekly produce market offers fresh finds of the season and it opens at 8am. Like always, Florida-caught fish is available as well.